Thursday 7 May 2009

LITTLE HOUSES


At the CREATIVE SOUL RETREAT we had a "Little Houses" swap.
I, of course, didn't make the correct amount(must remember to read all the messages!), but received some wonderful little works of art.
I have been pondering how to display so many. Thought I would paint a naive type painting to display them, but, didn't know how to go about it.
Lunching with Bevlea & Eva, I discussed my plans. Bevlea said she had seen a you tube video by an artist named Karyn Gartel that might be appropriate.
So, sfter seeing her video, I decided to try my own little village scene.
I have to say that I am NO painter, but, decided to give it a go.
I am reasonably pleased with the result, though bright colours are not really my style.
Of course I showed my DH, who wanted to know why the houses were crooked!
I put him straight that to sit on the hills they couldn't be completely upright.
He thinks I'm crazy(which is probably correct!), but he thought my idea was OK.
Any comments, positive or negative, would be appreciated.

11 comments:

artymarty said...

Hi Lucy
I love your idea. How cool. Mine are still in a little baggy waiting for my inspiration

artbeckons said...

I think it's adorable - the houses following the curve of the hills just adds to the whimsy!

kelsey said...

I think this is a great idea Lucy! I too am going to mount mine onto a canvas but am going to do "streets"...when I get around to it. Good on you for doing something different! lol

Eva said...

It/they looks faaaaaantastic Lucy!!!

NessH said...

Lucy.this is just amazing..what a great idea...you are clever...
thanks for sharing..
I just love it..

seabreezequilts said...

Hi Lucy, they look fantastic. You husband's comment sound's like something mine would say. I was going to the hairdresser the other day and he asked if I was having it evened out (my hair is a bob longer at the front and shaped up at the back)....MEN

Barb said...

Lucy...this is fabbo!!!...love the naive whimsey look...and the colours suit it down to the ground...if you'll pardon my oun...LOL

Barb said...

I forgot to mention this in my first comment posted...Just one thing I'd like to see done with you village...can you add some colour to the white paper that the text is on to blend it in with the background a bit...say , a paler shade of green...or beige even...

Julie H said...

What a wonderful idea!!! You have inspired me to get on and do mine, too.

Kathy said...

Hi Lucy,

I love what you've done with the little houses, the rolling hills look wonderful. I put mine on an old fence paling but it still needs to make it onto the wall in my studio.

Miss Oddity said...

I haven't done anything with mine as I didn't want them just on a straight line. I do love what you have done and may just steal the idea ... when I'm not syudying my butt off that is