Wednesday 19 May 2010

AND....

Bevlea & I got together and did some soldering.
We cut some brass & soldered some copper rings cut from some pipe onto the brass.
Now, getting these looking 'just right' is hard work, but lots of fun.







Another day we made some different bezels.
My DH cut & scored them for us, then Bevlea & I folded, and folded, and folded, and managed to make them look somewhat OK.
Then, the soldering began again.
Lots of issues, way too much solder, then trying to burn it of, which was really comical, with solder running everywhere.
A few minor burns, them my torch started shooting out large FLAMES! Managed to turn it off, and have since had it replaced, but, it was a tad SCARY, but so much FUN!!!

2 comments:

Margaret Weiss said...

Great Bezels Lucy. What are you going to do with them? I look forward to seeing what you make from them. You have inspired me. xMargaret W.

Jen Crossley said...

You go girl your a big girl now playing with My sort of tools Lucy Im proud of you.Cant wait to see what you mkae with them??
Jen